Recently, we shared some great reasons why it's so important to protect your pups year-round from parasites like heartworms, fleas and more. Not only does it help protect your dog from health problems caused by parasites, but it also helps keep these nasty bugs from setting up camp in your house.
In a recent survey conducted by
While an overwhelming majority of you said that protecting your dog from heartworms and fleas is a high or very high priority, 20 percent said you only protect against fleas in the spring and summer months.
THAT can be a big problem and here's why. Year-round parasite protection is super important and not just for heartworms. Fleas can set up camp in your house and survive for up to year before every finding a host. So don't let them find a suitable host.
Protect your pup year-round!
You might only see fleas during the warmer months, but the thing is, the fleas you see are only a small portion of the population. It's those unseen fleas that can cause BIG problems down the road. And once you have a flea problem, it can take months to get it under control.
So protect your pup!
Tapeworms are another parasite that dogs can get as a result of ingesting fleas during self grooming, in response to a flea bit or from ingesting a dead animal. Tapeworm infections are usually diagnosed by finding segments which appear as small white worms on the rear end of your dog, in your dog's feces, or where you dog lives and sleeps. Uck!
Sentinel Spectrum can help by controlling fleas, tapeworm, heartworms and other parasites. Lufenuron, a unique ingredient found in Sentinel Brand products, prevents fleas from developing into adults, preventing infestation before it starts. It's not light sensitive, and, since it's a chew, it can't be washed off... perfect for active dogs and long-haired dogs like Rocco!
|Rocco's protected with Sentinel Spectrum year round!|
The results of the Sentinel Spectrum Parasite Survey are in!
- 80% of respondents said that heartworm protection was either a high or very high priority to them as pet parents.
- 84% of respondents said that flea protection was either a high or very high priority for them as a pet parent.
- 79% of respondents said that they provide their dog flea prevention all year long whereas 20% said that they only provide flea prevention during the spring and summer months.
- 70% of respondents said that a dog can contract tapeworms from ingesting just one infested flea.
- 90% of respondents said that tapeworm segments can be found near a dog's anus, in feces and/or where he lives and sleeps.
Want to know more about protecting your dog from parasites? Learn more about parasites and what to do about them here, and then ask your veterinarian if Sentinel Spectrum is right for your dog.
Rebate and a Reminder!
Save some money on your Sentinel products with this rebate and then sign up for this handy reminder and Sentinel will text or email you a monthly reminder so you never miss a dose.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Virbac® SENTINEL® SPECTRUM®. The opinions and text are all mine.