|This will be my fourth BarkWorld conference|
and Rocco's first. Ask us a question about
BarkWorld, we just might know the answer!
I've attended every BarkWorld since the conference began in 2010, so here are a few tips on what to bring and what to do while you're here.
7 Must-Pack Items:
- Business Cards -- There will be plenty of networking opportunities with fellow bloggers and sponsors so don't miss this opportunity to share information and stay in touch!
- Camera -- This is a photo opportunity like you've never seen before! If you like to photograph pets, you'll be in heaven! Don't forget to take group shots of your blogger buddies, the fun pet signage and your favorite pet goodies.
- Smart phone and laptop or iPad -- Keep your smart phone handy for quick pics and videos so you can share them immediately via Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. It's fun to follow the action live (use #BarkWorld) via social media for both conference attendees and those who are following from home. And don't forget all your power cords and chargers!
- Large expandable suitcase -- Blogger conferences are notorious for having great swag and BarkWorld is no exception! Bring a LARGE suitcase and don't fill it. Then, open the expandable section for all your swag!
- Sweater or layering pieces -- This summer has been cooler and wetter than normal, expect mid 80s during the day and 70s at night with some rain and lots of humidity. Bring layering pieces for air-conditioned hotel rooms and comfy shoes.
- Your pet's food, treats and toys -- In addition to making sure your pet is comfortable with their pet carrier, you'll want to bring their familiar food, treats and toys. That'll make them feel right at home and help prevent upset stomachs!
- Pet accessories -- Don't forget food bowls, leash, poo bags, medications or anything else that's specific to your pet's needs!
|Taken earlier this year, Rocco is a social media|
early adopter ! He's 11 months old now and
all grown up! Come say hello when you see us!
Where to find us at BarkWorld
Rocco and I hope to meet a lot of old pals and new ones at BarkWorld, so please come up and say hello!
We'll be spending some time helping out in the Pruven booth, so look for us there or just out and about!
Here's a sneak peak how to win some great products from Pruven!
For some great dog walks in and around Atlanta, check out these links.
The 1.2-mile Piedmont Center nature trail is closest to the BarkWorld host hotel. It's a hidden gem that meanders behind an office complex about a mile walk from the Westin. Click here for walking directions.
Chastain Park also has a nice path around the park and is about 2.8 miles from the hotel. Click here for driving directions.
Lenox Park has some walking paths around a pond and fountain and is about 1.5 miles away. Click here for driving directions.
These are all about 3-7 miles from the Westin in Buckhead so you'll need to drive to get there.
A Walk Through Lullwater Park
Dog Walk on Freedom Parkway Trail
A Stroll Through Winn Park
A Walk Through Piedmont Park Expansion
A Walk Through Piedmont Park
This one's further out, about an 1.5 hours from Atlanta in the North Georgia mountains:
Hike Woody Gap with Dogs
For some more helpful blog conference and travel tips with pets, check out these: