|Enjoying the view from atop Tray Mountain on the Georgia portion of the Appalachian Trail,|
Rocco and I both hope our dog and cat pals can stay active and healthy for a long, long time
Pet cancer is a cause that's near and dear to our hearts.
We love sharing news about anything that can help the cause, and that's why we hope you'll take a moment to post a photo of your pup loving life to help the support The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund.
It's that easy… you don't have to spend a dime to help. Just post your photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag it with #FueltheLove and @ZukesPets and Zuke's will donate $5 to The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund for each photo posted.
Zuke's, the maker of natural, USA-made dog and cat treats, believes in a healthy, active lifestyle for all pets. That commitment goes beyond nutrition and tasty treats with Zuke's involvement in the fight against canine and feline cancer.
In 1997, Zuke’s helped found The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund (DCCFund), an independent non-profit dedicated to helping pets with cancer, and has since donated a portion of every purchase to the organization. Now, with this special "Fuel the Love to Fuel the Cure" campaign, Zuke's goal is to raise $10,000, one photo at a time, for The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund. Last year, this campaign raised $2,500.
The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund helps in the fight against dog and cat cancers by:
- Working directly with veterinarians to help families in need get treatment for their cats and dogs suffering from cancer
- Offering grants to help scientists conduct research into the next generation of life saving treatments
- Promoting prevention by raising awareness, understanding the risk factors, and encouraging early testing for canine and feline cancer
Like ours, the Zuke's connection to canine cancer is personal. In 2001, Zuke, the company namesake and Chief Canine Officer passed away from lung cancer. In memory of Zuke, a Chocolate Lab, and Oly, a Golden Retriever who passed away from canine hemangiosarcoma in 1990, The Dog and Cat Cancer Fund was established. We know how difficult and expensive it is to treat cancer, having gone through lung cancer with Cosmo Havanese, who passed away at the end of 2012.
- Share a #FueltheLove photo of your pets. For every Twitter, Facebook or Instagram photo tagged #FueltheLove and @ZukesPets, Zuke’s will donate $5 to the DCCFund, up to $10,000! Quick, go post a photo now!
- RSVP for the #FueltheLove Twitter party on Sunday, June 22 from 8-9pm ET. We’ll be sharing photos during the party and giving out prizes, all to help bring awareness to this great fund that helps so many families in their time of need.
- Ask your social media friends to join you at the party and share their own #FueltheLove photos! Here’s a quick Tweet you can share with your friends:
Mark your calendar for 6/22 #FueltheLove Twitter party! Prizes, fun and a great cause to help pets with cancer http://t.co/ojJd0w52ns— Diane Silver (@ToDogWithLove) June 15, 2014
Can't wait see more of your #FueltheLove photos, and hope to see you on June 22 at the Twitter party!
We are working with Zuke’s through our partnership in Event Barkers to produce this Twitter party and share product news with our readers. Prizes will be provided and shipped by Zuke’s. At To Dog With Love, we only share information we believe in. All opinions expressed herein are our own.