|Rocco agrees… mealtime keeps him healthy and very happy!|
Just like with people, pets need balanced nutrition and those needs can change over the lifetime of your pet. Do you have a puppy, a senior pet? Is your pet active or overweight? All these things can make a difference in choosing food with the right balance for your dog or cat.
Here are five things you can do help ensure your pet is getting the proper, balanced nutrition to keep them healthy and happy.
- Talk to your vet. If you stick to the routine of regular visits to your vet you're already taking a step in the right direction. Your vet can help guide you to the best food for your pet's specific needs.
- Consider specially formulated foods. Your vet can also help you choose foods to manage specific health conditions your dog or cat may have.
- Choose foods for your pet's lifestyle and lifestage. Puppies have different nutritional requirements than adult dogs, who have different requirements than senior dogs. Dogs who are extremely active or participating in sports may have unique requirements as well. Ask your vet for recommendations.
- Make sure your pet is eating a balanced diet. Nutrient excesses and deficiencies can lead to health problems… another great reason to choose a food that is specifically formulated for your pet's needs.
- Transition your pet's food gradually. It takes about seven days to transition your pet to a new diet. This approach help to keep your pet from getting a tummy upset or digestive issues. Hill's has some helpful guidelines for transitioning your dogs or cat's diet.
|Active young dogs like Rocco need the right balance of nutrition to stay healthy and happy|
Win $100 toward your next vet check up and a rebate, too!Your vet can be your best resource for helping sort out your pet's health and nutrition needs, and Hills' wants to help by giving you the chance to win $100 toward your next vet check up. Visit Hill's Science Diet to learn more!
Hill's Science Diet also has several foods within their product portfolio to help manage your pet's special situation or condition whether it's weight loss, oral care, joint health or a grain free diet. To help you provide your pet with high quality nutrition, Hill's is offering a $10 off promotion on select Hill's Science Diet products. Download your rebate on the Hill's Science Diet website.
This post is sponsored by Hill’s. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Hill’s® Science Diet® Healthier Pets. Happier Lives.™, but To Dog With Love only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.