We're enjoying some Fit Dog fun in south Florida this week, finding new places for dog walks and enjoying some beach time.
We'll tell you more about those places next week, but today we're looking back on our 2014 fitness goals to see how we did.
Last year we said we wanted to:
- Get Rocco ready for his first agility trial
- Master the weave poles and make sure Rocco had the maturity and focus to compete
- Get in better shape for me so I could keep up with Rocco on the agility course
I'm happy to report our 2014 year in fitness far exceeded my expectations. Rocco not only started to compete in agility but he also achieved his Novice and Open titles in AKC Standard and JWW, his AKC Novice FAST title, and USDAA P1 titles in Standard, Jumpers, Snooker and Pairs.
I also amped up my fitness level, lost 10 pounds and gained lots of strength and endurance, so I feel great running Rocco around the agility course now!
As added inspiration, I got certified as a K9 Fit Club trainer and taught some classes along with agility classes I already was teaching.
|Gretchen works out on the FitPaws balance disc at a K9 Fit Club class|
This year, our goals include:
- Compete in our first full year of agility trials (they'll start up again early spring)
- Get our AKC Excellent titles and move up to PIII in USDAA.
- Continue to eat right and build up more strength and cardio endurance for me (and keep the weight off!)
- Explore more places to hike
- Continue with conditioning exercises to keep Rocco healthy and in top shape
- Have fun!
|Rocco turned two in September and competed in his first full agility season in the fall of 2014|
|Conditioning and stretching exercises help keep both me and Rocco healthy and injury-free|