We are partnering with ABOUND to bring you the FitDog Friday Fall Fitness Challenge and giveaway. Prizes will be provided and shipped by ABOUND.
It's sweet to be strong. Right?
That's why our third and final challenge in the FitDog Friday Fall Fitness challenge with ABOUND is all about strength and conditioning training to keep your dog in tip top shape!
Sweet and Strong Strength Training Challenge
Show us your strength and conditioning moves!For us, it's so important to build strength so we both can be in the best condition possible for running agility, going hiking or simply enjoying walks around the neighborhood!
For Rocco, rear end and core strength is super important so he can navigate an agility course with ease. And because a great dog is a well-balanced dog, we work the whole body and add in some stretching to keep both of us flexible and help in reducing injuries.
|Rocco practices his jumping form after some strength and balance training.|
Good rear-end strength helps to promote good jump technique.
Four Tricks to Keep Your Dog Strong
Tricks training is not only fun, but many tricks can also help build your dog's strength, balance and confidence, leading to a healthy, fit and happy pup!
Here are a few we enjoy:
- Sit Pretty -- Teach your dog to sit up on their hind legs for a great core strength and balancing move. As Rocco has built up more strength, we've increased the challenge by having him sit pretty on his K9FITbone.
- Dance and Pirouette -- Have your dog walk on their hind legs to build rear end strength. Rocco walks forward and then adds a twirl for extra credit!
- Take a Bow -- Teaching your dog to bow is not only cute, but it's a great stretch across their back and shoulders.
- Sit Pretty to Hind Leg Stand -- For a more advanced move, take your pup from a sit pretty position to a hind leg stand and back to sit pretty. It takes lots of control and strength to move between these positions so build up slowly and then give your pup a treat for a job well done!
What tricks do you do that help keep your dog in tip top shape?
Let us know in the comments below, in your post next week or in any photo you post with hashtag #FallFitDog.
|Rocco sits pretty on his K9FITbone|
Sweet Treats from ABOUND
After our tricks workout, Rocco enjoys a good treat or chew. This week we tried the Grain Free Sweet Potato Slices from ABOUND. Not only does Rocco love them, each one takes a while for him to chew AND the ONLY ingredient is sweet potato. Yep, that's it! And, that's pretty sweet, I'd say.
So what's so sweet about sweet potato? The high fiber content in sweet potato helps maintain your pet's digestive system, and they are low in fat and rich in Beta-Carotene, which not only helps to maintain healthy eyesight, but also works as an antioxidant to help prevent disease and infection.
The ABOUND sweet potato treats contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and they are made from North American sourced ingredients. Sweet!
|Rocco savors his sweet potato treat!|
Show us your moves from the #FallFitDog Challenge
Did you try one of our challenges?
- Week #1 -- No Grain, No Gain
- Week #2 -- Superfood Super Circuit
- Week #3 -- Sweet and Strong Strength Training
Tell us about your progress and be sure to link up to our FitDog Friday Blog Hop next week. And in the meantime, if you have some fun photos to share, post them on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with hashtag #FallFitDog. We might even share a few next week!
In the spirit of our previous Kamps and Challenges, there may even be an award or two given out the following week. So be sure to link up NEXT Friday and post your pics too!
Enter to win $200+ in goodies for you and your pup!
Don't forget to enter for a chance to win the Fall Fitness Challenge ABOUND prize pack, filled with more than $200 worth of goodies for you and your dog! Enter via the giveaway widget on our Fall Fitness Challenge announcement and giveaway post! Good luck!
Have questions about how to participate? Find all the details on our announcement post.
The fun and games continue every Friday with FitDog Friday, the weekly Blog Hop brought to you by To Dog With Love, SlimDoggy and My GBGV Life to promote a healthy active lifestyle for pets (and their people, too!). Join in every Friday by linking up your FitDog story or visiting the blogs in the hop.