|Rocco leaps into leap day!|
We think it's a great day to add some variety to your fitness activities and to make a difference in the health and well-being of both you and your dogs!
Here are five things we plan to do on Leap Day this year
- Go for a walk -- It's one of the easiest things you can do for both you and your pup and it's not only good for you physically but it helps to clear your mind too.
- Play a game -- Rocco loves hide 'n seek games. I'll start thinking about a new hiding place now! You might also sign up for a new class... like agility!
- Train a new trick -- We've been working on rolling over on his right side (Rocco already rolls to the left) and we're getting back to his shopping cart trick, too.
- Do some new conditioning exercises -- To strengthen Rocco's front legs and shoulders (also good for shopping cart pushing!) he is doing front leg stands on a foam roller. As a bonus, I can use the foam roller for stretching and core exercises, too.
- Visit your vet -- Rocco's annual visit is this Monday, on Leap Day! It's also a good time of year to make sure you are stocked up on flea and tick prevention.
How are you going to use your Leap Day to make a difference?
Let us know in the comments below!
The fun and games continue every Friday with FitDog Friday, the weekly Blog Hop brought to you by To Dog With Love, SlimDoggy and My GBGV Life to promote a healthy active lifestyle for pets (and their people, too!). Join in every Friday by linking up your FitDog story or visiting the blogs in the hop.