It's the first day of spring. Hurray! The days are getting longer and that means more time for us to play outside.
- Take a walk around the neighborhood. Getting some fresh air is sure to make you both feel great. And with warmer weather and folks spending more time outside, you might meet some new neighbors, too.
- Enjoy a new fruit or vegetable. Rocco LOVES frozen green beans. Try little pieces of apple or banana too. Rocco loves them all and I love adding bananas to a kale, arugula and spinach mixture in my NutriBullet!
- Make doggie popsicles. Make up your own version or try ours! We add water to Rocco's kibble until it becomes soft and then stuff it into a Kong. Add frozen green bean pieces on top for garnish!
- Take a hike. It's a great time of year to explore new places and take time to stop and smell the flowers.
- Learn a new trick. We're still working on perfecting the bow (great stretch), and the doggie crawl (great for core strength).
What are your plans for the first day of spring?
Let us know your ideas for more activities in the comments below!
The fun and games continue every Friday with FitDog Friday, the weekly Blog Hop brought to you by To Dog With Love, SlimDoggy and My GBGV Life to promote a healthy active lifestyle for pets (and their people, too!). Join in every Friday by linking up your FitDog story or visiting the blogs in the Hop.